This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
The weight of Ford Edge plays a role in many of its features. Considering the Ford Edge is one of the best mid-size SUVs, it is easy to see why potential buyers are curious about the weight.
While knowing the weight is a vital factor every potential buyer needs to know before buying, the weight differs depending on the car’s model.
If you are also looking for answers regarding the Ford Edge’s weight and dimensions, you’re in the right place!
JUMP TO TOPIC
- 1 What Is the Weight of Ford Edge?
- 2 Is It Possible To Reduce the Weight of Ford Edge?
- 3 What Is the Trunk Capacity of the Ford Edge?
- 4 What Are the Exterior Dimensions of the Ford Edge?
- 5 What Are the Interior Dimensions of the Ford Edge?
- 6 How Many Passengers Can the Ford Edge Carry?
- 7 What Is the Influence of the Weight of Ford Edge on Car Features?
- 8 Conclusion
What Is the Weight of Ford Edge?
The weight of Ford Edge SUV usually falls between 3,927 and 4,477 pounds. The actual weight would depend on the car’s model year and trim of the vehicle. In terms of SUV weight, the Ford Edge is in the middle-sized SUV class.
Now, let’s dive deep into the weight of each Ford Edge based on the model year:
- 2022 Ford Edge Model: The 2022 Ford Edge weighs between 4,124 and 4,477 pounds. Most of the Ford Edge SUVs in this model year usually belong to the lower limit (4,124 pounds). The one weighing higher than most is the 2022 Ford Edge ST all-wheel drive (AWD) trim and the 2.7L engine weighing 4,477 pounds.
- 2021 Ford Edge Model: The 2021 Ford Edge weighs between 3,959 and 4,477 pounds. There are over nine trim packages in the 2021 model year, which affects the weight of each car.
- 2020 Ford Edge Model: The 2020 Ford Edge Model weighs between 3,959 and 4,477 pounds. The weight of the 2021 Ford Edge in kilograms ranges from 1,799 to 2,034 kilograms.
- 2019 Ford Edge Model: The 2019 Ford Edge Model’s weight ranges from 3,959 to 4,477 pounds. In kilograms, it weighs between the range of 1,799 to 2,034 kilograms.
- 2018 Ford Edge Model: The 2018 Model wanders a little away from the newer models. It weighs between 3,927 and 4,401 pounds. In kilograms, that converts a weight ranging from 1,784 to 2,000 kilograms.
- 2017 Ford Edge Model: The 2017 Ford Edge weighs the same as the 2018 model. Its weight ranges between 3,927 and 4,401 pounds.
- 2016 Ford Edge Model: The 2016 Ford Edge also follows the same weight trend as the 2017 and 2018 models. It weighs between 3,927 and 4,401 pounds.
- 2015 Ford Edge Model: The 2015 Ford Edge also weighs between 3,927 and 4,401 pounds.
- 2014 Ford Edge Model: The 2014 Ford Edge opens up another class of weight size. It weighs between 4,056 to 4,458 pounds. This ranges from 1,843 to 2,026 kilograms.
- 2013 Ford Edge Model: The 2013 Ford Edge weight ranges between 4,056 and 4,473 pounds. This ranges from 1,843 to 2,033 kilograms.
- 2012 Ford Edge Model: The 2012 Ford Edge weight follows suit with the 2013 model, weighing between 4,056 and 4,473 pounds.
- 2011 Ford Edge Model: The 2011 Ford Edge model weighs between 4,082 and 4,473 pounds. In kilograms, the SUV weighs between 1,855 and 2,033 kilograms.
- 2010 Ford Edge Model: The 2010 Ford Edge weight range is between 4,078 and 4,288 pounds. In kilograms, this weighs between 1,853 and 1,949 kilograms.
- 2009 Ford Edge Model: The 2009 Ford Edge follows its predecessor, also weighing between 4,078 and 4,288 pounds.
- 2008 Ford Edge Model: The 2008 Ford Edge is another model year following the 4,078 and 4,288 pounds range.
- 2007 Ford Edge Model: The first rendition of this SUV weighs between 4,082 and 4,228 pounds. In kilograms, this converts a weight range between 1,855 to 1,921 kilograms.
Is It Possible To Reduce the Weight of Ford Edge?
Yes, it is possible to reduce the weight of Ford Edge. You can do this by replacing heavier parts of the cars with lighter ones. For example, swapping the steel wheels for aluminum wheels. Also, you could remove excess weights in the car trunk.
What are the possible reasons for reducing the weight of this car? You might think having a heavy car might be more advantageous in general car use.
However, this is not so. It is better to reduce the car weight, and the reasons for this include:
- Improves Fuel Usage Efficiency: Reducing the car’s curb weight would help a lot in improving the fuel management. A lighter car would require minimal energy to move, hence would utilize fuel better.
- Improves the Car’s Handling: Reducing the car’s weight improves the car’s general handling in aspects such as acceleration and drag experience.
- Reduces Chances of Heavy Damage in Accidents: Lighter cars have a better chance of surviving accidents.
While it is possible to reduce the weight of your Ford Edge, is it advisable? Well, that depends on why you are reducing the weight of the car. Note that the parts you are removing have been put there for a reason and it is often best not to tamper with the manufacturer’s specifications. However, if you absolutely need the HP boost, you can reduce the weight of your Ford Edge.
What Is the Trunk Capacity of the Ford Edge?
The trunk capacity of the Ford Edge ranges from 69.0 to 73.4 cubic feet. However, when the rear seats are up, it falls to 32.2 to 39.2 cubic feet. The trunk capacity for a Ford Edge would depend on the model year.
This trunk capacity is not the best in the industry by any means, but it is usually suitable for average use. You will have no problem fitting your stuff and seating passengers in the car.
What Are the Exterior Dimensions of the Ford Edge?
The exterior dimensions of the Ford Edge are 188.8 inches in length, 83.9 inches in width (with mirrors), and 68.3 inches in height. Without mirrors, the Ford Edge width is 75.9 inches. Knowing the width of the car is key in navigating tight corners.
It is vital to know that the exterior dimensions also influence the car’s interior dimensions. This means the larger the exterior dimensions of the car, the larger the interior dimensions. So, if you have a car’s exterior dimensions, you can estimate the interior dimensions of the car. This could help when just trying to choose the best car for your needs.
What Are the Interior Dimensions of the Ford Edge?
The interior dimensions of the Ford Edge include passenger space, headroom, shoulder room, hip room, legroom, and cargo space. The car has a maximum cargo space of 73.4 cubic feet. When the rear seats are up, the interior dimensions measure 39.2 cubic feet.
However, for older models, the sizes are generally smaller, and the trim package of the car determines the actual size. For the passenger volume, it measures 113.9 cubic feet. There is a headroom of 40.2 inches in the front row and 40.3 inches in the rear row.
Furthermore, the shoulder room measures 60.3 inches in the front row and 60.5 inches in the rear row. The hip room measures 55.9 inches in the front row and 57.5 inches in the rear. Lastly, the legroom measures 42.6 inches in the front and 40.6 inches in the rear.
How Many Passengers Can the Ford Edge Carry?
The Ford Edge can carry five passengers in total. If you have a large family, this SUV might be a little small. However, if you go for the model with three rows of seats, you could get more passenger space. This means you’ll have to sacrifice some cargo space, though. You can check out how many seats a Ford Explorer has and other info as well.
What Is the Influence of the Weight of Ford Edge on Car Features?
The influence of the weight of Ford Edge on car features include components like fuel handling, driving experience, and car safety ratings. However, the consensus with vehicles is that the lighter the car, the less toll it takes on these features.
In this section, we explain in detail how the weight of the Ford Edge vehicle affects each car feature:
– Influence on Fuel Economy
The weight of the car would affect its fuel consumption and efficiency. This is because the heavier the car, the more energy is required to move it. Hence, heavier cars would consume more fuel and have a larger fuel tank capacity.
– Influence on Driving Experience
The car’s weight also affects the car’s general driving experience. For example, a heavier car would have poorer acceleration than a lighter one. Also, lighter cars would experience less drag (resistance created by air as the car moves), making them more agile and faster.
– Influence on Safety
The car’s weight also affects the degree of damage the car would be exposed to in the case of an accident. This is because heavier cars usually have more momentum and cause more damage than lighter cars. Heavier cars are also likely to cause more injuries to passengers.
– Influence on Maximum Towing Capacity
The weight of the vehicle will also affect how much it can tow. The maximum towing capacity of the Ford Edge is 1500 pounds. While it is not the best towing vehicle, it has a decent towing ability. The Ford Edge would work just fine for those who camp and do not pack much heavy load.
The Ford Edge’s weight could be a very important factor in the buying decision of many potential buyers.
This complete guide contains everything you need to know about the weight of this SUV, and here is a quick recall of essential points:
- The weight of Ford Edge vehicle is between 4,124 and 4,477 pounds. This weight could, however, vary depending on the car’s model and trim package.
- The car’s weight could affect features such as the SUV’s fuel management, safety, and driving experience.
- The Ford Edge dimensions are 73.4 cubic feet at maximum space, i.e., when the rear seats are folded.
- When the rear seats are up, the cargo space measures 39.2 cubic feet.
- The Ford Edge is 188.8 inches long, 83.9 inches wide (with mirrors), and 68.3 inches tall.
That rounds up everything you need to know about the Ford Edge’s weight. The next time you are considering buying this car, you can make an informed buying decision.
- Stuck Spark Plug: Easy Steps To Remove It Like a Pro - March 1, 2024
- 5.3 Vortec HP Upgrades: Best Ways to Upgrade Horsepower - March 1, 2024
- Battery Voltage Keeps Going Up and Down: Solved - March 1, 2024