This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Does Walmart install car battery is a common question many people ask when they want a new battery. Shopping for a new battery can be pretty stressful, but knowing the right place to buy from to get the best prices can make a difference. Walmart’s selection of less expensive alternatives can be a lifesaver, especially if you’re spending on a budget.
Go through this article as it opens your eyes and answers various questions regarding Walmart batteries and installation.
JUMP TO TOPIC
- 1 Does Walmart Install Vehicle Battery?
- 2 What Are Walmart Auto Services?
- 3 Conclusion
Does Walmart Install Vehicle Battery?
Yes, Walmart installs vehicle batteries. They are one of the largest retail shop chains in the United States, and they provide a wide variety of goods and services, which includes vehicle parts and services. It is also a great place to buy automobile batteries.
Walmart provides several automobile services, including installing and repairing automobile batteries. For batteries purchased in-store at Walmart, installation is free. However, Walmart would still install the battery for a cost of roughly 10 dollars if customers decide to buy their batteries somewhere else.
Installation of automobile batteries used to be simple, but recent car models have complicated the process. Therefore, customers prefer to get the work done at reputable car shops. However, you can install the battery yourself if you are competent in using a few tools and have a basic understanding of how things work.
– How Can You Replace Car Battery at Walmart?
You can replace your car battery at Walmart by visiting a Walmart Auto Care Center near you, purchasing the battery of your choice there, and getting the replacement done within a short period of time. The process is straightforward and not time-consuming.
Follow these methods to make a warranty claim if you bought a car battery from Walmart and it breaks down while still covered by the warranty:
- Collect all the paperwork you have gathered relating to the battery’s purchase. You will also need your original receipt if you purchased the item in-store. You will need a hard copy of your order confirmation or order number if you bought the item online.
- Calling the business in advance and asking the service technician if there is anything else you need to bring with you would be brilliant. This is important if the store is far from your neighborhood.
- Visit the service center in your area. From here, the technician will guide you through the procedure. They will test to see if the battery fails to keep a charge and has degraded.
– Walmart Battery Brands
You can get several brands of batteries at Walmart, as this company is one of the most reliable and largest retail shops in the country. With a wide supply chain, Walmart stocks the best battery brands to ensure you get results.
Some of the brands you can get at Walmart include the following:
- Optima: The special Sprialcell and Pureflow technology in these maintenance-free batteries make them more expensive than other brands, but they are worth the price.
- EverStart Batteries: EverStart is one of the more well-known brands available in Walmart auto care. They are one of the cost-effective choices for those seeking quality at a reduced price.
- ValuePower: This is one of the less expensive batteries at Walmart. However, they have a limited range of opportunities.
- DieHard Platinum: DieHard batteries are always recommended for their longevity and an incredible supply of power. These exciting options are also available at Walmart stores.
Others brands include Odyssey Performance, ACDelco Gold, EverStart Maxx, etc.
– Benefits of Walmart Battery Service
The benefits of Walmart’s battery service are that you get quality battery options and better services at affordable prices. Their extensive supply chain ensures that different quality batteries are sourced from various suppliers to give customers only the best options.
These are some of the advantages of Walmart battery services:
- Quality: You may be confident that your battery services at Walmart are of top-notch quality. This is due to Walmart’s knowledgeable staff and skilled experts that deliver high-quality services.
- Affordability: Another advantage of using Walmart for battery services is that they’re affordable. Walmart provides a variety of services at affordable rates. You can also discover deals and coupons for battery services.
- Convenience: Convenience is one of the key benefits of using Walmart for battery services. Finding a Walmart store nearby is simple because they are spread out throughout most locations. Online appointments can also be made for battery services. This is a fantastic time-saving strategy.
– Picking the Best Battery for Your Car From Walmart
To pick the best battery for your car, check that the group size matches when purchasing an automobile battery from Walmart. The group size should be printed on top of your previous battery. The group size may only sometimes be printed on older batteries, or the grouping may not match what Walmart uses.
You can also use the Battery Finder tool created by Walmart to identify the ideal Walmart car battery for your vehicle. Aside from the size, we advise selecting a battery with Cold Cranking Amp (CCA) and Cranking Amps (CA) similar to the battery currently installed in your automobile.
– How Long Walmart Car Batteries Last
The lifespan of a Walmart battery depends on the kind of battery you get (Maxx, Plus, EverStart Value). According to research and experience, the EverStart Value has a two to four-year lifespan. EverStart Maxx is the best product available. However, it only lasts three to five years.
The 2017-produced EverStart Plus battery was delivered as a defective core to a nearby retailer in August 2021. It lasted four years before degrading and losing its ability to hold a charge. The average battery life on current cars is four years.
A Walmart battery’s lifespan is influenced by factors like how frequently it is used and the environment it is in. The battery will only last for a short time in cold conditions.
So what are the signs that your battery is low and needs to be replaced at Walmart? One of the signs is when it takes longer for your automobile to start. The engine will crank for a longer period, and the ignition won’t come on as quickly as it used to, indicating that the battery’s charge has deteriorated.
You might also notice that your interior lights used to be brighter. When the battery is low or the battery fluid is low, a dashboard light that resembles your battery may turn on in some vehicles. Damage is another evidence to watch out for. You’ll be able to tell by looking at your battery if it is damaged or corroding.
A damaged or corroded battery emits a strong sulfuric odor that you can smell. As a car owner, it is important to find out when your car batteries are already worn out. Luckily for you, the evidence stated above will clearly show if your battery needs replacement.
– Walmart Battery Warranty
The Walmart battery warranty is valid for 90 days after the purchase date. It is an excellent option to get a refund if you are not satisfied with your purchase. To get your money back, bring the battery back to the store with your receipt and they will refund it.
The simplest translation of the return policy is that you are eligible to swap a battery at no charge if your purchased battery stops functioning within the warranty period. The following damages are covered under warranty:
- Battery leakage or corrosion
- Bulging of the battery case
- Battery not charging to full capacity
- Battery not igniting the vehicle
What Are Walmart Auto Services?
Walmart auto services is a feature that includes an extensive range of car maintenance and repair services. It ranges from complete engine repair to battery changing services and even oil filter changes. These services often come at affordable prices, ensuring that you have a good opportunity to save some money.
Here are some of the car battery services you can get at a Walmart Auto Center:
– Installation of Battery
As stated above, the installations are free when you purchase batteries from Walmart. However, if you buy from another store, you’ll have to pay an installation fee of 10 dollars. The battery installation process is quite cumbersome, so you should not try to do it alone.
– Recycling of Battery
Battery recycling is another service that Walmart provides. This is an excellent way to eliminate an old battery while conserving the environment. Simply bring your battery to the Walmart store closest to you and hand it to a staff member to recycle. They will then recycle the battery for you.
– Anti Corrosion Services
Walmart also provides an anti-corrosion treatment service. This treatment helps you avoid corrosion of your battery’s terminal. The treatment is administered on your battery terminal to help prevent corrosion.
Additionally, it also aids in extending the battery’s lifespan. Your battery can be well-protected and have its lifespan increased with the anti-corrosion treatment.
– Purchase of Battery
Walmart offers sales on services on a wide range of car batteries. There are different car batteries, and the correct type of battery will depend on the make and model of your car.
The average cost of a Walmart car battery is about 50 dollars. Take note that the prices may vary depending on the battery type and the car’s make and model.
This comprehensive article has explained all the essential points about Walmart’s installation of batteries. Let’s check out some of the vital points.
- Walmart installs car batteries. They are one of the largest retail shop chains in the United States, and they provide a huge variety of goods and services, which includes auto parts and services.
- Installation is free for batteries purchased in-store at Walmart. However, Walmart will still install the battery for a cost of roughly 10 dollars if customers decide to buy their batteries somewhere else.
- Installation of a car battery used to be simple, but recent car models have complicated the process. Therefore, customers prefer to get the work done at reputable car shops.
- Walmart charges an average of 50 dollars for their batteries. The prices may vary depending on the battery type and the car’s make and model.
- The EverStart Value has a two to four-year lifespan. EverStart Maxx is the best product available. However, it only lasts three to five years.
You can get a new car battery or replace your old one at Walmart. Additionally, Walmart provides a wide range of battery services, including prorated warranties, battery recycling, and savings on subsequent purchases.
- How To Fix a Car Radio That Got Wet: The Straightforward Way - March 1, 2024
- Stuck Spark Plug: Easy Steps To Remove It Like a Pro - March 1, 2024
- 5.3 Vortec HP Upgrades: Best Ways to Upgrade Horsepower - March 1, 2024