Subaru Crosstrek trunk dimensions are one of the most important factors about the model, and it’s not hard to see why. Users are getting increasingly curious about how much a car trunk can fit before they make the ultimate buying decisions.
This very much applies to the different Crosstrek models as well. If you have also found yourself asking these questions about Subaru Crosstrek trunk dimensions, you have come to the right place!
- 1 What are Subaru Crosstrek Trunk Dimensions?
- 2 Do Trunk Dimensions Differ in Different Subaru Crosstrek Models?
- 3 What Can a Subaru Crosstrek Trunk Contain?
- 4 Does Crosstrek Have the Biggest Subaru Trunk?
- 5 What Are Subaru Crosstrek’s Complete Dimensions?
- 6 Conclusion
What are Subaru Crosstrek Trunk Dimensions?
Subaru Crosstrek trunk dimensions are a maximum of 55.3 cubic feet when the rear seats are lowered. It has 20.8 cubic feet of trunk space beyond the rear seat, or essentially when all the seats are up. There are five seats for passengers in the vehicle.
It is possible to maximize the trunk space in the vehicle, as well as seat passengers comfortably by using the split-folding feature. Here, there’s a 60/40-split folding arrangement, allowing passengers to sit comfortably and still have enough space to keep their luggage.
While the Subaru Crosstrek cargo space doesn’t exactly match up with the industry leaders in the SUV category, it is enough for regular usage. There are other features installed in the trunk, like holders and trays, to make it more suited to everyday use as well.
Do Trunk Dimensions Differ in Different Subaru Crosstrek Models?
Yes, trunk dimensions differ in different Subaru Crosstrek models, depending on the year the model debuted. As you would imagine, newer models would have more cargo capacity than older models. However, this also depends on factors like the trim size of the model.
Below, we briefly examine the trunk dimensions in common Subaru Crosstrek models:
- 2023 Subaru Crosstrek Trunk Dimensions: This is the latest model of the brand, and it has a maximum cargo space of 55.3 cubic feet. This falls to 20.8 cubic feet when the rear seats are up.
- 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Trunk Dimensions: The 2022 model has the same cargo dimensions as the 2023 model: 55.3 cubic feet at its peak and 20.8 cubic feet when the rear seats are up.
- 2019 – 2021 Subaru Crosstrek Models: These models also have 55.3 cubic feet of cargo space when seats are folded, however, there are only 15.9 cubic feet of trunk space when the rear seats are up.
- 2018 Subaru Crostrek Model: The 2018 model has 55.3 cubic feet of cargo space at its maximum, and 20.8 cubic feet from the back of the rear seats.
- 2017 Subaru Crosstrek Model: This model has 51.9 cubic feet of trunk space at its peak, which is less than the 2018 model. However, with 22.3 cubic feet of cargo space beyond the rear seats, the 2017 model is actually more spacious when the seats are up compared to its successor.
- 2016 Subaru Crosstrek Model: Of all the models on the list, the 2016 model has the lowest peak cargo space at 50.2 cubic feet. That does not tell the full story, though, as the cargo space could rise to 51.9 depending on the trim size of the model. Beyond the rear seats, the trunk space is 22.3 cubic feet.
What Can a Subaru Crosstrek Trunk Contain?
A Subaru Crosstrek trunk can contain various stuff like surfboards, hockey sticks, clubs, bats, grocery bags, and more in its 55.3 cubic feet of cargo.
When the rear seats are up, usually the more practical option for many, there are 20.8 cubic feet of cargo space.
Does Crosstrek Have the Biggest Subaru Trunk?
No, Crosstrek does not have the biggest Subaru trunk, with that title going to the hefty 8-passenger Subaru Ascent.
While Subaru Crosstrek has a trunk of 55.3 cubic feet at its peak, Subaru Ascent has a maximum trunk size of 86.5 cubic feet.
What Are Subaru Crosstrek’s Complete Dimensions?
Subaru Crosstrek’s complete dimensions are more than 100 cubic feet of passenger volume, which makes up the interior dimensions. However, there’s more to the dimensions of a car than its interior. The exterior dimensions offer information on how long and wide the car would be on the outside.
Below are the complete dimensions of the vehicle, both in its interior and exterior.
– Subaru Crosstrek Interior Dimensions
The interior dimensions of a car typically include its passenger space, legroom, headroom, shoulder room, and, of course, cargo space. For the cargo space, there’s 55.3 cubic feet at its maximum, and 20.8 cubic feet when the rear seats are up. For older models, particularly the 2016 model and older, the exact trim size dictates some interior dimension parameters, like cargo space, LED Lighting, and more.
The total passenger volume of the compact SUV is 100 cubic feet, spanning five seats. This passenger volume is just okay for the average user. For people that are actively on the road and need to carry a lot of stuff, the 100 cubic feet would not be sufficient for comfortably sitting all passengers and still fitting passenger load.
There is a headroom of 39.8 inches in the front, and 38 inches in the rear. The legroom of the front is 43.1 inches, while it stands at 36.5 inches in the rear. Lastly, for the shoulder room, there are 56.7 inches in the front, and 55.6 inches in the rear.
– Exterior Dimensions
The exterior dimensions of the car include the car’s height, width, and length. These parameters are often proportional to the interior dimensions. That is, the larger the exterior dimensions of the car, the more the interior space of the car usually is.
This piece of information is worth noting when selecting between two brands without full information on the car’s interior. Also, some people are naturally predisposed to smaller and more compact cars. Comparing the exterior dimensions to the interior can help in choosing cars with a high interior-to-exterior-dimensions ratio.
The Subaru Crosstrek is 176.5 inches long, 71 inches wide, and 63.6 inches tall. The height dimensions include the rails on the roof.
– Subaru Crosstrek’s Width With Mirrors
Subaru Crosstrek width with mirrors is 79 inches. This is eight inches wider than the width of the Subaru Crosstrek when mirrors are not factored in, standing at 71 inches. This bit of information is key, particularly for people that have to park in tight corners.
The Subaru Crosstrek trunk dimensions ultimately influence the buying decisions of many fans.
This complete guide contains all you need to know about these trunk dimensions, and here’s a quick recap:
- Subaru Crosstrek trunk dimensions are 55.3 cubic feet at its peak, that is when the rear seats are folded.
- Subaru Crosstrek trunk dimensions are 20.8 cubic feet when the rear seats are up.
- The exact cargo space of the vehicle depends on the model and trim size, although newer models have more cargo space.
- Crosstrek is 176.5 inches long, 71 inches wide (79 when mirrors are considered), and 63.6 inches tall.
There you have it, the Subaru Crosstrek trunk dimensions. Keep this handy guide in mind the next time you go for a test drive!
- How Fast Are Harley Davidson Motorcycles on the Road? - May 29, 2023
- How Much Does a 30 Foot Camper Weigh With and Without Cargo? - May 29, 2023
- How Many Axles Does a Car Have and What Are the Types? - May 29, 2023