What is the Honda Accord bumper replacement cost is a question you’d ask if you are planning to replace your Honda Accord bumper.
It costs about 100 to 1,500 dollars to replace a Honda Accord bumper, but the price might be lower if you decide to fix it yourself. If you go to a repair shop, expect extra labor costs.
This comprehensive guide will cover everything you need to know about replacing Honda Accord rear bumpers and how to go about it.
- 1 What Is the Cost To Replace a Honda Accord Bumper?
- 2 Is Bumper Damage Covered by Insurance?
- 3 Conclusion
What Is the Cost To Replace a Honda Accord Bumper?
The cost to replace a Honda Accord bumper is about 100 to 1,500 dollars, depending on the finish, quality and style you want in your new bumper. The replacement cost isn’t fixed, and it also depends on the specs and model of your Accord.
Which Honda Accord bumper is the most expensive? The most expensive Honda Accord bumper is currently the Touring edition of the 2022 Honda accord. Some dealerships and online platforms have prices ranging from 350 dollars to 600 dollars. Older models may have cheaper bumper replacement costs. The type of bumper you buy will also determine the cost.
You might think you can only replace your bumper if the plastic traps are repaired, but you can replace and sand the plastic traps all by yourself. However, if you decide to take it to the repair shop, the replacement cost will be excessively high compared to when you fix it yourself. You should expect to spend about 1,000 dollars on labor and parts.
Doing it yourself is a fantastic alternative If you want to save money and be able to customize the finished look of your Honda completely. If hiring a professional would be too expensive, doing it yourself could save you up to 500 dollars in labor costs.
Is Bumper Damage Covered by Insurance?
Yes, bumper damage is covered by insurance. Although insurance cover bumper damage, it is only valid for some period. The extent of your insurance coverage and the type of insurance will determine this. In most cases, damage caused by accident will be covered if you have collision insurance.
You would require comprehensive coverage for it to be covered if the damage was brought on by, say, a tree falling on your car. Reckless or improper use of the car may also not be covered in the insurance scheme. You should confirm with your insurance provider to ensure that you understand the peculiarities of your provision.
– Cost of Repairing a Honda Accord Bumper
The cost of repairing a Honda Accord bumper ranges from 50 dollars to 600 dollars. However, the price depends on several factors like the extent of damage, bumper material (could be reinforcement bar, steel, or aluminum), year, model and make of your vehicle.
These are the several kinds of bumper repairs for damages and their cost:
- Scratches: Deep scratches may cause severe paint chipping that exposes the metal or plastic of the bumper, whereas light scratches are often easy to cure. The price range for scratch repairs is 50 dollars to 600 dollars, according to online sources.
- Traditional dent repair: A rear bumper dent repair may cost between 150 and 600 dollars, according to online sources.
- Cracks, holes and punctures: These fixes entail patching holes with adhesives, filling cracks, and sanding the surface down. According to online sources, the average fee ranges from 325 dollars to 425 dollars.
- Paintless dent repair (PDR): This removes dents without harming the paint by using specialized tools. The damage that has destroyed the surface and color is not the ideal candidate for this alternative, although it is frequently less expensive and quicker than standard dent repair. It is also not offered for a plastic bumper that needs more than just a simple buffing.
– Bumper Replacement vs Bumper Repair
The difference between bumper replacement and bumper repair is that you won’t have to completely change your car’s bumper if you want to repair it. The bumper repair cost is also lower than replacement because you don’t have to purchase a new component.
Choosing between repairing your bumper or replacing it depends on the severity of the damage to your bumper. You have several choices if your bumper is damaged. Minor problems can easily be fixed, but more severe damage requires buying a new bumper. Usually, little dents, chips, and scratches can be quickly fixed with the help of specialized tools found in an auto body shop. The shop will also re-paint or blend any repaired bumper areas to ensure a perfect color match with the rest of the car.
Bumper replacement is advised if there is substantial damage, such as large cracks and holes, or if the bumper is coming off the car. However, more fixes are now feasible, thanks to modern technologies. Make an appointment with a professional mechanic to assess your bumper (and any underlying damage) to learn what is achievable with it.
– Repairing a Damaged Bumper
It is definitely possible to repair a damaged bumper. A damaged bumper on an automobile can be fixed using sophisticated plastic welding techniques, structural adhesives, and repair applications. Repairing a bumper is usually less expensive than replacing it entirely, so it’s worth considering if the damage is minimal.
Taking the time to repair a bump rather than purchasing a new one may result in a more cost-effective solution in the long term. Before beginning any repairs, ensure you have all the necessary supplies; it will only be straightforward with them.
– Removing a Honda Accord Bumper
The steps in removing a Honda Accord bumper include using a flathead screwdriver or a clip tool to open up your hood and remove the four clips. Next, using a screwdriver, locate and take out the Philips screw on each side of the front wheel well of the car.
Using a plastic tool, the tabs will need to be unclipped on both sides. Find the plastic clips at the bottom of the rear bumper, then use a thin prying tool to lift the heads of the clips and remove the entire clip assembly from their heads. Once every clip has been taken out, all left is to lift the bumper as you back the car away.
These are some of the instruments you will need:
- 8mm socket
- Ratcheting socket wrench
- 6-in-1 screwdriver
These steps work majorly for Honda Accord models from 2011 to 2016. You may need to take newer models to an authorized dealership or service center to have professionals work on your vehicles. It will also ensure that you don’t damage other parts of the car.
– Installing a Replacement Bumper for a Honda Accord
To install a replacement bumper for a Honda Accord, you need to put something on the floor underneath your new bumper, then place it in front of your car to prevent scratches or damage. Then locate the tabs’ position and clip them into place.
Next, you should plug your lights into the new bumper. Place the mounting tabs on the brackets above your headlights after raising your bumper onto the vehicle. Put pressure on the bumper with your hand until it clicks into place. Ensure the fender liner is positioned correctly behind the bumper by checking underneath your car.
Lastly, push the bumper into position next to the tires. Any car can appear old and lose value if the bumper is cracked or corroded, but if you want to replace your bumper yourself, you can save some money on labor.
The article has discussed the price of replacing a Honda Accord and everything you need to know about it.
Let’s have a quick recap.
- It costs about 100 to 1,500 dollars to replace a Honda Accord bumper, but the price might be lower if you decide to fix it yourself. A repair shop and service center may request about 500 to 700 dollars as extra labor costs.
- The cost of repairing a bumper ranges from 50 dollars to 600 dollars. However, the price depends on several factors like the extent of damage, bumper material, and the year, model, and make of your vehicle.
- Choosing between repairing your bumper or replacing it depends on the severity of the damage to your bumper. You should also consider cost factors when considering the best option to choose.
- The Touring edition is the highest-level trim, which is also the most expensive. The 2022 model also has the most expensive bumper replacement in the market. Older models may be cheaper.
Since you know the replacement and repair costs of your Accord’s bumper, you should be able to decide the most suitable option for your car. Go through this guide to know more and to make the best decision.
- How Fast Are Harley Davidson Motorcycles on the Road? - May 29, 2023
- How Much Does a 30 Foot Camper Weigh With and Without Cargo? - May 29, 2023
- How Many Axles Does a Car Have and What Are the Types? - May 29, 2023