This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
JUMP TO TOPIC
- 1 What Are the Interior Dimensions of Ford Flex Cargo Space?
- 2 What Are the Interior Dimensions of the Ford Flex?
- 3 What Are the Seating Options of the Ford Flex?
- 4 What Are the Characteristics of a Ford Flex Vehicle?
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 Which Tuner, Ktuner or Hondata, is Recommended for the Ford Flex?
- 7 Can AFM Lifter Failure Affect the Cargo Space of a Ford Flex?
- 8 Conclusion
What Are the Interior Dimensions of Ford Flex Cargo Space?The interior dimensions of Ford Flex cargo trunk are 20 cubic feet when all the seats are up. However, to create more space, the third-row seat can be folded which gives 43.2 cubic feet. When the second-row seats are folded you get up to 83.2 cubic feet. The interior width of the cargo space is 65.4 inches while the interior height of the trunk measures 42 inches. The Ford Flex’s design means that the wheel housing is not visible in the cargo trunk, making space for more cargo. Also, the trunk space is lower than the 3rd-row seats, which creates a well where items such as sports equipment can be placed. All models of the Ford Flex come with cargo nets and hooks, which can hold some delicate items as well.
– Other Qualities of the Ford Flex TrunkThe square design of the SUV lends more room to the cargo compartment which allows for the storage of bulky items. The design also means that you can stack items on each other and still make room for more cargo. If your cargo cannot fit into the trunk of the vehicle, then you may be carrying more cargo than the vehicle can hold. To make parking the cargo easier, the vehicle comes with a power tailgate. Also, the Ford Flex features a Power Fold rear seat which allows you to fold the third-row seats with the press of a button found in the trunk. This technology is similar to the Stow and Go feature that other SUVs possess. Thus, you won’t have to go through the stress of manually adjusting and folding the third-row seats before parking your load into the cargo space. The second-row seats also have the same feature, which gives it extra cargo space.
What Are the Interior Dimensions of the Ford Flex?The interior dimensions of the Ford Flex is 41.8 inches headroom, 42.6 inches legroom, 58.4 inches shoulder room, and 55.5 inches hip room for the front. The rear interior dimensions are 40.5 inches headroom and 44.3 inches legroom. In addition, there is also 58.1 inches shoulder room and 55.1 inches hip room in the rear. These Ford Flex dimensions interior indicate that the vehicle is spacious and comfortable for passengers as the manufacturer doesn’t sacrifice passenger space for cargo space. If the passengers are fewer, then the second-row seats can be folded to create enough legroom space for them.
What Are the Seating Options of the Ford Flex?The seating options of the Ford Flex depends on the model, some seat six passengers while others, like the Ford Flex Limited and Ford Explorer, seat seven passengers. However, optional add-ons can reduce the interior space and cargo compartment but it won’t matter if you don’t need a big space. The seating arrangement for the seven-seat Ford Flex is 2-3-2, which translates to the driver and passenger in front, three passengers in the middle, and two in the rear.
– The Second-row Seating Options of All Ford Flex ModelsThe second-row seat of the Ford Flex SE is a manual 60/40 seat bench that split-folds. The one in the SEL models can be removed and replaced with captain chairs which can be folded flat. The seat behind the driver’s side can be folded forward whether it is a captain’s chair or bench seat. You can also opt for the model with the second-row console that features a cooler that can ice up to seven soda cans or two standard-sized champagne bottles. The major disadvantage of this model is that it sacrifices cargo space for the console, thus if you want more cargo space, then stay away from this model. It is technically possible to remove the console but the work involved can be very tedious. Why go through all that hassle when you can just purchase the Flex model without a second-row console?
– The Third-row Seating Options of All Flex ModelsThe rear seats are 50/50 split-fold, which are either manual or automatic, depending on the model of the vehicle. The Flex Limited model has the automatic Power Fold feature that split-folds the seat with the press of a button in the trunk. The seats fold backward and flat into the trunk, which makes more room to fit larger-sized loads. As we’ve already discovered, the folding of the third-row seats creates up to 43.2 cubic feet of trunk space.
What Are the Characteristics of a Ford Flex Vehicle?The characteristics of a Ford Flex vehicle are its large trunk space, roomy passenger space, rectangular boxy design and power fold. These features make the Flex a great candidate for transporting bigger loads without compromising the comfort and convenience of its passengers. Other features include a 3.5L twin-turbo engine that has a maximum horsepower of 365 at 5,500 rpm and a maximum torque of 350 pounds per feet at 3,500 rpm. It has a six-speed automatic transmission with a maximum speed of 130 kilometers per hour and all-wheel drive. Its maximum towing capacity is 2,000 pounds and its base curb weight is 4,848 pounds. The vehicle has excellent fuel economy and can go 279 miles in the city on a full tank while doing 390 miles on a highway. The vehicle’s fuel economy is 15 mpg when driving in the city, and while driving on the highway, it is 21 mpg. The Ford Flex length is 201.8 inches with a 75.9-inch width without the side mirrors. It is 68 inches high and boasts a 117.9-inch wheelbase with a minimum ground clearance of 5.9 inches.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is the Volume of Space at the Back of the Ford Flex?The volume of space at the back of the Ford Flex is 20 cubic feet when all the seats are installed. When the third-row seats are folded, the space becomes 43.2 cubic feet, and when the second-row seats are folded, the volume of space measures 83.2 cubic feet.
2. Would a 4×8 Plywood Fit Into the Trunk of a Ford Flex?No, a 4×8 plywood will not fit into the trunk of a Ford Flex, but folding all the seats could make it possible. However, it would be impossible to close the gate and that would be dangerous, both for the driver and other road users.
Which Tuner, Ktuner or Hondata, is Recommended for the Ford Flex?
When considering a tuner for your Ford Flex, the ktuner vs hondata comparison is worth exploring. Both are popular choices among car enthusiasts, offering performance enhancements tailored to your specific vehicle. However, it is recommended to consult with experts or fellow Ford Flex owners to determine which tuner would be the best fit for your desired goals and preferences.
Can AFM Lifter Failure Affect the Cargo Space of a Ford Flex?
Can AFM lifter failure affect the cargo space of a Ford Flex? Preventing afm lifter failure with proven tricks is crucial to ensuring the integrity of the vehicle’s cargo space. By addressing potential issues with the AFM lifters, such as regular maintenance, proper lubrication, and avoiding excessive wear and tear, owners can minimize the risk of failure, subsequently safeguarding the cargo space of their Ford Flex.
ConclusionThe trunk space offered by the Ford Flex is one of the best on the market and its interior dimensions have been extensively covered in the article. Here is a recap of all that this article has discussed:
- The SUV’s cargo capacity is 20 cubic feet, but the Ford Flex cargo space behind the 3rd row is 43.2 cubic feet.
- However, the biggest space is created when the second-row seats are folded, which brings the trunk size and bed length to 83.2 cubic feet.
- The trunk is a bit lower than the level of the seats, which creates extra space in the form of a well where smaller items can be tucked.
- The third-row seats fold backward into the well while the wheel doesn’t protrude into the cargo area, making the trunk roomy.
- Some models of the SUV feature a Power Fold button that automatically folds the third and second-row seats to save you the stress of manually folding them.
- What Is a Charge Pipe? A Detailed Engine Part Review - March 4, 2024
- VW Atlas Trunk Space: Is This Vehicle Worth the Hype? - March 4, 2024
- How Much Coolant Loss Is Normal? A Comprehensive Guide - March 4, 2024