Knowing the Curb weight Toyota Tacoma helps you easily haul cargo or tow without breaking the law or harming anyone. This vehicle has been in existence since 1995, and it remains among the best average-size pickup trucks. However, the curb weight of this vehicle depends on the engine, drivetrain, and can size.
This guide will explain the various curb weights of different models of Toyota Tacoma in detail, so let’s get started!
- 1 What Is the Curb Weight of Toyota Tacoma?
- 1.1 – Curb Weight of the 2021 Toyota Tacoma
- 1.2 – 2020 Toyota Tacoma Curb Weight
- 1.3 – Curb Weight of Toyota Tacoma Curb From 2015-2019
- 1.4 – Finding the Toyota Tacoma Curb Weight
- 1.5 – What Can a Toyota Tacoma Tow?
- 1.6 – 2021 Tacoma Payload Capacities
- 1.7 – Finding the Vehicle Weight Rating
- 1.8 – Going Above Your Payload Limit
- 2 Conclusion
What Is the Curb Weight of Toyota Tacoma?
The exact curb weight of Toyota Tacoma is unknown, but it ranges from 2580 to 4480 pounds. However, we will give you information on the maximum weight that your Toyota Tacoma can tow safely and legally and the weight specifications for different models of Toyota Tacoma.
The Toyota Tacoma is not a half-ton vehicle. Instead, it is a light-duty quarter-ton truck with a number of specifications, including single-cab, crew-cab, and short or long boxes, similar to the Ford Ranger.
– Curb Weight of the 2021 Toyota Tacoma
The curb weight of the 2021 Toyota Tacoma SR and SR5 42 trims are identical to those of the model year prior, but the curb weight of the 44 V6 Limited is higher at 4480 lbs. These are the trim packages and their respective curb weights.
- SR5 4×2 Access Cab 6 ft. box 127.4 in. WB – 3980
- SR 4×2 Access Cab 6 ft. box 127.4 in. WB – 3980
- SR 4×2 Double Cab 5 ft. box 127.4 in. WB- 4095
- SR5 4×2 Double Cab 5 ft. box 127.4 in. WB – 4095
- SR5 V6 4×4 Double Cab 5 ft. box 127.4 in. WB – 4425
– 2020 Toyota Tacoma Curb Weight
The 2020 Toyota Tacoma curb weight of the SR and SR5 42 trim packages was 20 lbs less than 4000 lbs. The 44 Sport and Off-Roading trim packages of the Toyota Tacoma specs were discovered to have the heaviest curb weights at 4435 lbs. These are the following trim package curb weights of the 2020 series.
- SR 4×2 Access Cab 6 ft. box 127.4 in. WB-3980
- SR5 4×4 Access Cab 6 ft. box 127.4 in. WB-4220
- SR5 V6 4×4 Double Cab 6 ft. box 140.6 in. WB-4220
- Limited V6 4×2 Double Cab 5 ft. box 127.4 in. WB-4220
- 4220 SR V6 4×4 Access Cab 6 ft. box 127.4 in. WB-4305
– Curb Weight of Toyota Tacoma Curb From 2015-2019
The curb weight of the Toyota Tacoma from 2015 to 2019 ranges from just over 3600 to about 4500. Below, we have outlined the exact weight ranges for these models.
- 2015: 3,615 – 4,285
- 2016: 3,980 – 4,480
- 2017: 3,980 – 4,480
- 2018: 3,980 – 4,480
- 2019: 3,980 – 4,480
– Finding the Toyota Tacoma Curb Weight
You can find the Toyota Tacoma curb weight on the information sticker on the driver’s door jam of every new car produced in the US. The tire size, GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating), VIN, and a wealth of other valuable information are all included on these placards.
You might also check your vehicle identification number (VIN), which is located on the label inside the driver’s door jam or at the base of your windshield.
– What Can a Toyota Tacoma Tow?
A Toyota Tacoma can tow a trailer, as long as it has a GTW rating of less than 4,500 pounds. Riverside Retro RV 509 (1,850 pounds) and Flagstaff E-pro E12SRK (3,156 pounds) are other well-liked alternatives that work well with the Tacoma (2,200 pounds).
Aside from those, Jayco 10RK (2,000 pounds), Taxa Cricket (2,700 pounds), and Intech Luna are also appropriate alternatives.
Because campers sit on the bed of your truck, you should choose one based on the payload rating rather than the towing capacity. Therefore, a camper with a payload rating of fewer than 1,155 pounds is acceptable for the SR trim. Get started on your new journey by climbing into the Kimbo 6 (1,100 pounds loaded), which was designed exclusively for the Tacoma, the Scout Yoho 6.0 (913 pounds dry weight), or the compact Four Wheel Camper Project M (425 pounds).
The Tacoma can tow a personal watercraft (PWC), a small bass boat, a deck boat or pontoon, and a ski boat if fishing or water sports are your go-to. To prevent engine and powertrain failures in your Tacoma, verify the dry weight of each and compare it to the trailering capacity before towing anything.
– 2021 Tacoma Payload Capacities
The 2021 Tacoma payload capacity varies depending on the cab, trim, engine, and other factors, just like the curb weight. If you compare the lowest and highest values, there are some differences.
The maximum payload for the Double Cab Limited with the 3.5L V6 engine, automatic transmission, and rear-wheel drive system is 1,345 pounds. A maximum payload of 1,685 pounds is then possible with the Access Cab SR’s 2.7L 4-cylinder engine, automatic transmission, and rear-wheel drive system.
You can be sure that whatever is in Tacoma’s truck bed will stay securely in place, regardless of how much cargo is there. This is because the car has a deck rail system as standard equipment. It has four heavy-duty, completely adjustable tie-down cleats. As a result, for the long journey ahead, all of your cargo will remain safely strapped down.
– Finding the Vehicle Weight Rating
You can find the vehicle weight ratings listed on the information label on your driver’s door jam. Before you begin towing or loading anything onto your car, all of these need to be considered. In addition to putting you and your car in danger, exceeding these weight restrictions is against the law.
You can find your truck’s weight through the compliance label gives the GVWR, while the tire specification label lists the payload and passenger weight capacities.
So what is the difference between curb weight and gross weight? The chief difference between these factors is that the curb weight plus passengers weight, fuel, accessories added to the car, cargo, and a tow trailer are all included in the gross weight, and it is the maximum overall safe weight for your car.
- The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: This is the maximum weight that your automobile can carry in total. The importance of any trailers you may have attached is not included in this weight.
- Gross Trailer Weight: This is the actual weight of your fully-loaded trailer. In addition to the trailer’s contents, this weight also includes the trailer itself.
- Payload: Also known as the curb weight, the payload of the vehicle is the maximum weight that may be securely transported inside a vehicle’s cargo area.
- Curb Weight: This is the whole weight of a vehicle, excluding any luggage or passengers. This measurement takes into account a full tank of petrol and all of the equipment included with that specific model, as usual.
- Dry Weight: The weight of a vehicle without any cargo or operating-related fluids, such as gas or brake fluid, is the measurement used to determine how much fuel the car needs to move.
– Going Above Your Payload Limit
If you go beyond the payload capacity of the vehicle, there is overloading of the vehicle, which will result in increased wear, risky driving, and longer stopping distances. It will also put too much stress on the vehicle’s brakes, tires, and engine components.
Thanks to our detailed article, you now know the curb weight of the Toyota Tacoma. Let’s have a quick summary of some of the essential points we discussed.
- The curb weight of the Toyota Tacoma ranges from 2580 to 4480 pounds.
- The curb weights of the SR and SR5 42 trims of the 2021 Tacoma are identical to those of the model year prior, but the curb weight of the 44 V6 Limited is higher at 4480 lbs.
- The SR and SR5 42 trim packages had the lightest curb weight in 2020, which was 20 lbs less than 4000 lbs.
- The GVWR, tire size, VIN, and other valuable information are all included on an information sticker on the driver’s door jam of every new car produced in the US.
When it comes to hauling and towing with your car, you should always make sure that you are adhering to the safe and legal limitations since exceeding these can be hazardous for you and other drivers on the road.
- Leaking Fuel Injector Symptoms and How to Fix It - September 30, 2023
- Is The Chevy Equinox AWD or FWD? All You Need to Know - September 29, 2023
- Bad EVAP Canister Symptoms: Causes and Possible Solutions - September 28, 2023