The VW Atlas trunk space is, without a doubt, one of the most renowned features of the Volkswagen Atlas. You know, that’s saying a lot considering the several excellent features of the car, like its fuel economy and safety features.
However, many prospective buyers and admirers often ask how large the trunk space is and if it is really worth the hype, so let’s find out!
What Is the VW Atlas Trunk Space?
The VW Atlas trunk space is 96.8 cubic feet full capacity at its peak. Full capacity here means all the seats are folded. However, when the seats are all up, beyond the third row, the cargo space is 16.7 cubic feet.
With two rows folded, the Atlas cargo space is 55.5 cubic feet. If you fold two extra rows of the car, leaving just the front row up, the cargo space is 20.6 cubic feet. For context on the cargo dimensions of the car, 16.7 cubic feet will contain about six suitcases. That’s more than a respectable figure.
If you are someone who travels a lot, especially on camping trips and the like, you will have little problems with space using the VW Atlas.
– VW Atlas Trunk Space
The VV Atlas Trunk Space is not the largest in the industry, and it’s not even close. Sorry to disappoint! While the Volkswagen Atlas cargo is generally hyped as the largest in the SUV industry, there are still at least ten other vehicles with more cargo space.
Nonetheless, with a maximum of 96.8 cubic feet of cargo space, this car will be suitable for the overwhelming majority of consumers. Consider it — when all the seats are up, the remaining trunk space can still comfortably contain six suitcases.
– Midsize SUV
The VW Atlas is not the biggest midsize SUV on the market. There are still four offerings that are better than it. In other words, the Atlas is the fifth biggest midsize SUV you would find on the market.
– VW Atlas Engine and Trunk Size
The VW Atlas can sufficiently handle the increased load that comes with filling the maximum capacity of the cargo size. This is because of its 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. The horsepower output is 235, and the torque is 258 pound-foot.
One mistake many prospective SUV buyers make is neglecting the ability of the engine to handle the size of the vehicle. While everyone wants good space, you need assurance that the vehicle will be able to handle the load of the increased luggage when the trunk capacity is maximized.
– VW Atlas vs VW Atlas Cross Sport Trunk Space
The Atlas Cross Sport does not have a larger trunk space than VW Atlas. While Cross Sport is another very decent Volkswagen offering, it sports a maximum trunk capacity of 77.8 cubic feet compared to Atlas’ 96.8 cubic feet.
Both the Atlas Cross Sport and the VW Atlas are quite roomy in terms of overall vehicle space. While the Atlas has three seat rows with seven seats, the Atlas Cross Sport has just two rows and five seats.
– Creating More Cargo Room In VW Atlas
Create more cargo room in the VW Atlas by folding seat rows. The SUV has three rows, and you can fold the rear or two rear rows to create more cargo space. Users also have the option to maximize the vehicle space with the split-folding seating arrangement.
Essentially, you can convert the additional space after the split-folding arrangement into extra cargo space. Accessibility will take a hit in this arrangement, of course, but it allows for maximization of the storage space of the vehicle while still seating every passenger.
Is The VW Atlas Spacious?
Yes, the VW Atlas is spacious in not just cargo space but also the entirety of its interior space. While the trunk space of the VW Atlas is 16.7 cubic feet beyond the third row, the vehicle has decent space dimensions across the three rows of seats.
If space is a major consideration for you when purchasing an SUV, you should note that there’s more to it than just the trunk space of the vehicle. Some SUVs have large trunks, but that restricts the passenger space. VW Atlas has 33.7 inches of legroom on the third row, which improves to 37.6 inches on the second row. The first row of the VW Atlas has a legroom of 41.7 inches.
What Are the SUVs With the Biggest Cargo Space?
The SUVs with the biggest cargo space on the market include the 2022 Chevrolet Suburban and the GMC Yukon. This is closely followed by the 2022 Cadillac Escalade. Below, we consider all the other SUVs with a larger trunk capacity than the Volkswagen Atlas.
- 2022 Chevrolet Suburban: This SUV has a maximum trunk capacity of 144.7 cubic feet, making it the biggest you will find anywhere on the planet.
- 2022 GMC Yukon: This car is actually joint top with the 2022 Chevrolet Suburban, also having a maximum vehicle cargo capacity of 144.7 cubic feet.
- 2022 Cadillac Escalade: The maximum trunk space of the Cadillac Escalade is 142.8 cubic feet. When the two last rows are down, the trunk space is 121 cubic feet.
- 2022 Chevrolet Tahoe: Another Chevrolet vehicle makes the list, this time being the Chevrolet Tahoe, with a maximum trunk capacity of 122.9 cubic feet.
- Ford Expedition: The Ford brand is certainly no stranger to SUVs, with the Ford Explorer being one of the commonest SUVs in the world. The Ford Expedition has a maximum cargo of 121.5 cubic feet.
- Lincoln Navigator: This SUV, at full capacity, will afford you a trunk capacity of 120.2 cubic feet, which is good enough to be the sixth largest in the world.
- 2022 Toyota Sequoia: This is one of the more expensive entries on the list, but it’s only good enough for seventh place. Still, the SUV has 120.1 maximum trunk space.
- 2022 Jeep Wagoneer: The Jeep Wagoneer offers a maximum trunk capacity of 116.7 cubic feet.
- 2022 Honda Pilot: You will get 109.2 cubic feet of cargo space at its maximum and 55.9 cubic feet when the rearmost row is folded.
- 2022 Chevrolet Traverse: There is a maximum of 98.2 cubic feet of trunk space in this SUV, which rounds up the top ten SUVs with the most cargo space list.
- 2022 Buick Enclave: Users are treated to 97.4 cubic feet at the SUV’s trunk space peak.
The VW Atlas trunk space is an essential consideration for many who admire or want to buy the vehicle. Below are the key points from the article:
- VW Atlas trunk space at the fullest capacity is 96.8 cubic feet.
- With two rows folded, the Atlas cargo space is 55.5 cubic feet, falling to 16.7 feet when all the seats are up.
- VW Atlas has the eleventh biggest SUV trunk size and the fifth largest among midsize SUVs.
- VW Atlas’ engine is powerful enough to support the additional load from filling out the cargo size of the SUV.
In light of this, the VW Atlas is more than a decent option for people looking for a strong, powerful, and large-trunk-sized trunk. Now that you know the trunk specifications, you can finally go for that test drive!
- Skidding Car: Common Causes and Top Solution To Stay Safe - September 21, 2023
- Rattling Noise Front Passenger Side When Driving: Solutions - September 20, 2023
- New Serpentine Belt Squeal: What Arises the Need? - September 17, 2023