This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Knowing suburban cargo space dimensions is a common curiosity among car owners – it’s 144.7 cubic feet! The cargo space can significantly influence the buying decisions of many intending SUV owners.
This is even more applicable among people that travel a lot. This article examines the trunk space of a Chevy Suburban, as well as its other relevant dimensions, so, read on!
JUMP TO TOPIC
- 1 What are Chevy Suburban Trunk Dimensions?
- 2 What Are the Complete Dimensions of the Chevy Suburban?
- 3 What Is the Payload Capacity of the Chevy Suburban?
- 4 Can You Increase Cargo Space in Chevy Suburban Vehicles?
- 5 Does the Chevy Suburban Have the Biggest Cargo Among SUVs?
- 6 What Is the Seating Arrangement of the Chevy Suburban?
- 7 What Are the Cargo Space Dimensions of Compact Vehicles When Considering Parking Needs?
- 8 What Are the Dimensions of the Cargo Space in a Truck?
- 9 Conclusion
What are Chevy Suburban Trunk Dimensions?
Chevy Suburban trunk dimensions are a maximum of 144.7 cubic feet behind the front row seats. There is a cargo space of 93.8 cubic feet behind the second row of seats. Behind the third row of seats, the Chevy boasts 41.5 cubic feet of cargo space.
While the Chevrolet Suburban has 144.7 cubic feet of cargo space at its peak, this is usually not practical in day-to-day use. This is because there are usually passengers, and all the seats behind the front row cannot be folded to allow more cargo space. In such instances, it is possible to maximize cargo space by varying seating configurations. This makes it possible to accommodate both passengers and cargo comfortably.
The cargo box of the Chevy Suburban has a maximum length of 105.4 inches. This length is only realized when both rear rows of seats are folded down. When no seats are folded, the length of the cargo box is 38.2 inches. The width of the cargo box when the second and third rows of seats are upright is 49.4 inches.
What Are the Complete Dimensions of the Chevy Suburban?
The complete dimensions of the Chevy Suburban are 225.7 inches in length, 81.1 inches in width without mirrors, and 89 inches in width with mirrors. The height of the vehicle is 75.5 inches. The wheelbase is 134.1 inches, and the ground clearance is 8 inches.
The complete dimensions of a car are often a good indicator of the cargo space of the car. Longer and wider cars tend to have more cargo space. Considering the Chevy Suburban has the highest cargo volume among SUVs, it comes as no surprise that it is one of the longest on the market today.
One question possible owners of the Chevrolet Suburban often ask is the width of the car with the doors open. However, as there are no official specifications of the car width with the door open, it is a tricky question to answer. Nonetheless, the average width of SUVs with their doors open is around 137 inches. Considering the Chevy Suburban is bigger than your average SUV, you should expect it to be slightly more.
– Chevy Suburban Interior Dimension
The interior dimension of a car can determine the seating configuration of the vehicle when considering comfortably seating passengers and also maximizing cargo space. Below are the interior dimensions for all three seat rows of the Chevy Suburban.
- Front Row Headroom/Legroom/Hip room/Shoulder room – 42.3 inches/44.5 inches/61.5 inches/66.0 inches
- Second Row Headroom/Legroom/Hip room/Shoulder room – 38.9 inches/42 inches/61.3 inches/64.8 inches
- Third Row Headroom/Legroom/Hip room/Shoulder room – 38.20 inches/36.70 inches/49.4 inches/62.80 inches
What Is the Payload Capacity of the Chevy Suburban?
The payload capacity of the Chevy Suburban is between 1,982 and 1,997 pounds. A payload is the weight of cargo and passengers that a vehicle can safely carry. If the maximum payload of a vehicle is exceeded, there is performance loss and possible reduction of the vehicle’s lifespan.
When buying SUVs, many people focus on cargo space and dimensions. While this is important, as it gives an idea of how much stuff the vehicle can carry, the payload capacity is also essential. Vehicles with higher payload capacities will be able to carry heavier things. This essentially means two vehicles with the same cargo space may handle different weights differently, depending on their payload capacity.
Since the maximum payload of the Chevy Suburban is 1,997 pounds, car owners must be careful not to exceed this capacity. For roof racks, the maximum cargo weight is 220 pounds. While the car may still function if the payload capacity is exceeded, there will be a lot of strain on the car’s engine and, subsequently, fuel economy.
Can You Increase Cargo Space in Chevy Suburban Vehicles?
Yes, you can increase cargo space in Chevy Suburban vehicles by using a rooftop cargo carrier. Also, you can use a hitch cargo carrier to give additional cargo space to the Chevy Suburban. The rooftop and hitch carriers can be easily used with the Chevy Suburban.
The rooftop cargo carrier is one of the most convenient ways to add cargo space to the Chevy Suburban. These rooftop carriers can be attached to roof racks, which can be easily purchased in car stores if you do not have them. The tow hitch cargo carrier also offers more cargo space but is attached to the back of the vehicle rather than the roof.
Although both the rooftop carrier and the hitch carrier are excellent ways of increasing cargo space in the Chevrolet Suburban, it is essential to consider the payload capacity of the vehicle. If the vehicle is already operating close to its maximum payload capacity, adding additional weight can be detrimental to the long-term good health of the vehicle. There may be a drastic loss in performance, and the suspension may break down in the immediate future.
Does the Chevy Suburban Have the Biggest Cargo Among SUVs?
Yes, the Chevy Suburban has the biggest cargo among SUVs in the industry, alongside the Yukon XL. Both of these vehicles have a maximum cargo space of 144.7 cubic feet behind the first row of seats. However, the Chevy Suburban is less expensive.
Considering this, if cargo space is a priority for you when purchasing an SUV, the Chevy Suburban will be the best vehicle for you. Below is a top ten list of SUVs with the largest cargo space on the market today:
- Chevy Suburban: 144.7 cubic feet
- GMC Yukon XL: 144.7 cubic feet
- Cadillac Escalade ESV: 142.8 cubic feet
- Jeep Wagoneer L: 131 cubic feet
- Chevrolet Tahoe: 122.9 cubic feet
- Ford Expedition Max: 121.5 cubic feet
- Lincoln Navigator L: 120.3 cubic feet
- Chevrolet Traverse: 98.2 cubic feet
- Buick Enclave: 97.4 cubic feet
- Volkswagen Atlas: 96.8 cubic feet
What Is the Seating Arrangement of the Chevy Suburban?
The seating arrangement of the Chevy Suburban is three rows of seats, accommodating between seven and nine people, depending on the seat configuration. There is head and leg room for adults in the first two rows of seats. The third row of seats is not as spacious, though.
The seating configuration is important when trying to maximize cargo space in the Chevy Suburban. Depending on the number and type of passengers, row two and three may be folded to provide more cargo capacity. For instance, the seat configuration will be different if there are eight passengers compared to if there are four passengers. Also, if all the passengers are adults, the seat configuration may be different compared to if all passengers were kids.
Aside from the seating configuration, it is essential for people seeking to buy SUVs to consider the features the car seats have. For the Chevy Suburban, there are accessories like cloth and leather upholstery, 10-way power-adjustable seats for the driver and front passenger, a heated steering wheel, heated and ventilated front seats, and a power-folding last row of seats.
What Are the Cargo Space Dimensions of Compact Vehicles When Considering Parking Needs?
What Are the Dimensions of the Cargo Space in a Truck?
The Chevy Suburban is a common SUV on the market today and is renowned for its ability to accommodate various things, like luggage, strollers, kitchen appliances, and even mattresses. This article discusses in detail its cargo space dimensions and capacity, and
here are key points to note:
- Chevy Suburban cargo dimensions are a maximum of 144.7 cubic feet when the rear seats are folded.
- Behind the second row of seats, there is a cargo space of 93.8 feet, while the cargo space is 41.5 cubic feet when all the seats are up .
- The payload capacity of the Chevy Suburban is between 1,982 and 1,997 pounds, while the maximum cargo weight is 220 pounds for roof racks.
- The complete dimensions of the Chevy Suburban are 225.7 inches in length, 81.1 inches in width without mirrors, 89 inches in width with mirrors, and a height of 75.5 inches.
- The Chevy Suburban can accommodate as many as nine people, and the seating configuration can be adjusted to maximize cargo space.
The Chevy Suburban is a favorite in dealerships, and a contributing factor is its cargo space. Now you know precisely how much you can fit in this SUV.
- P0008 Code But Car Runs Fine: Causes and How to Fix - March 1, 2024
- How To Fix a Car Radio That Got Wet: The Straightforward Way - March 1, 2024
- Stuck Spark Plug: Easy Steps To Remove It Like a Pro - March 1, 2024