The C35 was introduced in 1974 in order to replace the venerable H van that was launched all the way back in 1948. Designed jointly with Fiat, it was a fairly advanced van from a mechanical standpoint and it packed four-wheel independent suspension and disc brakes on all four corners. The bulk of the C35’s engines were borrowed from the CX but they were modified to spin counterclockwise, while the Fiat 242 – the C35’s Italian twin – used Fiat-sourced engines instead.
The model pictured below was built in 1986, making it one of the very last C35s assembled in Italy as production shifted to France the following year. A look at the registration stickers on the windshield indicates it was last on the road in 2007 and it has been parked in the field since – we even remember a time when it wasn’t graffitied.
Unfortunately, the van was full of wasps when we took the photos so we’ll go back in the winter in order to get a closer look and take better shots.